Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Still running deaf and blind in the Alibori

Still no internet in the WS. I am lucky enough to be typing on a computer linked by USB key...but it is leaving later today. Spent the fourth (our 2nd anniversary in-country) in Djougou. Many PCVs come out to battle a group of German volunteers in Soccer and Football (american). We tied in soccer...and the ensuing p-ks, which was impressive since we Americans are not known for our soccer affinity nor prowness. Only a little over 2 months to go over here. Trying to wrap things up. Thanks to Kims mom (I think it was Kim's mom) for the info on the warthog tusk....I have one and want to bring it home but I still have not found anything restricting me from bringing it. Warthogs aren't endangered or anything, so I think it will be fine. June was a busy month and July is shaping up to be more of the same...lots of traveling. Ready to get back to the US to be poor and jobless (here in Africa I am only one of those 2 things)

1 comment:

R.A. McKibbin said...

Mike, there's still time to go merc. I mean, you already have one tusk, just add a few rifles, maybe a blood diamond or two, and you'll no longer be looking at a jobless future.