Thursday, January 1, 2009

Safari X-mas

So I'm back from the safari and now knee deep in bike tour plans. The animals were awesome! I went with a number of TEFL volunteers and we saw hippos, elephants, crocs, lions, buffalos, antelopes of various types, monkeys and baboons, a porqupine, and carious birds (eagles/parrots/storks). It was a very successful safari. Afterwards we visited a post of a RCH (health) volunteer and we played in a large waterfall. It was huge, probably around 45 feet high, and I climbed up and jumped off. Pictures will have to wait until I get back to Cotonou. I hope everyone had a happy new year, and I'm sure everyone is enjoying bowl season on their TVs.

6 comments:

mother said...

Hi, Son! Sounds awesome re: the safari trip! Happy New Years! Hopefully we can get there sometime this year to see you! Until then, take good care of yourself. We think of you ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!
Colorado was Great! Love, Mother xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Ashley A. said...

to Michael: Glad to hear you had fun on your safari excursion!

to M's Mom: Thanks so much for the x-mas and holiday wishes.. hope you also had a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

mother said...

Hello, Sweetheart!
How about those Gator's!!! They won the big one!
Thinking of you, always with a smile. We are in for a cold snap this week. Feels Good! Sterling is off with friends to Livingston's. Love, Mother
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

rchadsey said...

Just got off the phone w/ mom and gma and was thinking about you. Guess what?!? lol, Nascar starts up its season on your b-day!! I saw it advertised tonight during the f.ball game where the Eagles stomped the Giants and I couldn't stop laughing!! Team America, ya know?? Miss you, hope you are having a blast!

rchadsey said...

P.S.

!!!!!!!!!GO GATORS!!!!!!!!

TEBOW = SUPERMAN

R.A. McKibbin said...

I loved the safari pix. It was awesome! I honestly laughed when I saw the huge elephant in the road. Made me think of those signs here in the states that say "deer crossing" ie- "Elephant xing"
By the way, can you smuggle one of those sweet monkeys to me?