Tuesday, June 16, 2009

After PCVL Training...







Just came back up from the south for my PCVL/PSN training. It seems like it should be an interesting, if somewhat stressful job. I also heard it might mean I'll be reclassified at my GS level...Kyle says GS-11, but I doubt that. On the way back up I encountered a large group of termites flying around for their nocturnal breeding period after the recent rains. There were thousands of LARGE termites flying around on four wings...attracted to the lights of the workstation. On the ground many big-headed sentry termites were herding the male termites (after beating off their wings) into the nest entry near the workstation door. I tried to grab one of the sentry bug's heads but he caught me with his mandibles and my finger bled fairly freely. But the flight of termites was short lived. An hour later most of the fliers had beaten off their wings and entered the subterranean nest and by morning wings littered the ground like dry, fall leaves. I have pictures that I will put up (along with the mosque photos) when i have the time. I also have to wish my father a happy fathers day coming up here. I am anxious to get back to post and see how my growers association got along without me being there.

2 comments:

mother said...

Michael, I love the picture of you on the staircase. You look beautiful and happy! Miss you. love, Mom xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

rchadsey said...

Doesn't he look adorable?!? I love it!
That staircase definitely has the potential to take me out with one small breeze, sneeze, or classic 'Rachel' stumble! Is that a toilet you're carrying?? lol, another thing I would rather not participate in.
We love you!