Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanx is coming...

I just got the last of the thanksgiving packages (french fried onions from Ryan). The Alibori have another turkey this year. A couple PCVs have his at their house fattening him up. It was touch an go there for a little while because the turkey hated the neighbor's roosters and would continually try to kill it...the stress was making him not eat. But now he is eating and looking good. He dies on friday. Tabaski (islamic holiday where everyone kills a ram) is coming but people here don't know exactly when. It could be thrus-sat. Locals say it is because the people in Mecca have to do something first, i don't know. I have been eating well recently....my new post has cooked chicken and fries at a nearby cafeteria and it is GOOD. Unfortunately chicken and fries cost 1,500 CFA and we get paid 3,000 CFA a day, making this a pricey luxury...but I'm glad to make some other sacrifices to be eating meat again. Favre is leading my fantasy team to another victory (along with sticky-icky-Ricky) but I hope he loses sooner or later...I have a bet against the Viks getting to the Super Bowl this year. I have stayed busy at the workstation and have made some visits to local classrooms to help the terminale (12th grade) students with their english. Still looking for environmental work.

No comments: