Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Holidays

Sorry I haven't been posting for a while, I've been running here and there. Just got back from Cotonou and withdrew my WS operating $. They gave me all 10 mille bills (10.000 CFA) which are really hard to pass up here. I might have to go to the nearest bank (which is far) to change some out. Thanx was good. We killed a turkey and had a lot of good food to eat (thanks to many families back home sending tasty treats)). X-mas is coming up fast and I am going to have a lot of the new stage up here. I think we are doing a cheese burger and fries and deviled eggs cook out. Also a small gifts swap (under 3 mille). I am currently trying to save up for a b-day trip to Mali (dogun country). A lot of people are coming / leaving for the holidays. 2 Alibori PCVs are home for the holidays alone. Others have also headed out. Many parents / siblings / friends have come to visit with their PCVs over this x-mas break. This is not an underhanded invitation to any of my family...Benin is not a great tourist spot. For the same money you can have an awesome time in the Lesser Antilles, I would reccomend that. I lost in the semifinals for Fantasy Football...but I still did pretty well (unfortunately I had an off week and had to play Aaron Rodgers, QB GB). Hope everyone is enjoying nice weather and have nice trees this year.

No comments: