Saturday, December 6, 2008

Busy busy...

Right now I'm writing up a report on my current post. Unfortunately I've only been installed in my new post since nov. 16. Also, during the interval between then and now I have been very busy and in surrounding villages. I also have not met my new work partner as of yet, so the work partner conference Monday should be interesting. Other than the above mentioned issues everything is going along swimmingly. I sent Kelli's gifted class a note with an example of Beninese money as well as a sample of my English club's work from a 20 year old student (who is in our equivalent to sophomore year). I had to send it to my grandmothers house because that was the only Bradenton address I knew by heart and I figured Aunt Jill would be collecting the mail while grandma was away, that way Kellie can just bring it to her class. That of course is assuming the letter makes it to the States...I mailed it from Kandi. I also tried to knit something so I could teach women how to knit little change purses from old plastic bags...but failed completely. I'll try again after I get back to post. I put some new pictures up on flickr of my AIDS awareness formation at a high school and my recent bike ride through the north with Tom.

5 comments:

rchadsey said...

GO GATORS!!! They... Could... Go... All... The... Way!!!! SEC Champs with a good call on a title run. Do you have a new address and phone number Michael? Post that up! We love you!

P.S. Will someone please explain to me how to view these pics on this "flickr"? Duh, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Mike Chadsey said...

http://flickr.com/photos/28258658@N05/
is the link to my flickr page. my account name is peacecorpschadsey. I do not know if you have to be a member of flickr to see them, though this should be easy enough since flickr is owned by Yahoo and if you have a yahoo account you can use the same thing for flickr. Hurray for the Gators victory yesterday! Now we'll see how the BCS Champ Game goes against OK

mother said...

Hey, Michael! How about those Gators! Uncle Robs & Aunt kathy are down for the weekend. We went out to the Circle to watch the lighting of the christmas tree. Father Logan said a beautiful prayer and Santa was there in a big sleigh. It was all very nice.
Sounds like your travels and plans have been keeping you pretty busy. I am looking forward to looking at the new pictures. Love, Mom XOOXXOOXOXOXOXOOXXOXO

mother said...

Son, I have just left your photo gallery. I thoroughly enjoy looking at all your pictures. I love your beard!!!! Are you still sporting it? Sterling lost his tournament yesterday. It was a shame because most home games nobody is there to watch him win and then he goes and loses in front of Uncle Robs, Aunt Kathy, Uncle Nick and Aunt Margaret. Isn't that the way the cookie crumbles sometimes? He's doing well in school. Just finishing up his crawdad experiment for the big science fair. My work is doing well. I was given promotion of Manager again. Excellent! Take care, Son. It's Sunday morning and I've got a lot to do before work. Love you!

Mike Chadsey said...

No, I do not have the beard any longer. That picture of me on the bike is what I look like now. Im going to get a hair cut by a fellow PCV soon so that I can get cleaned up.