Saturday, December 6, 2008

Greetings from the great brown north...

My new post is going well. I have been very busy. I just finished a 4 day bike tour along the Niger river and near park W scouting out villages and road conditions for a large enviroment-themed bike ride that I'm planning/coordinating. This going to be a pretty large project (10 volunteers, translators, places to stay and eat for all participants, and chase vehicles) so it will be nice to write it up on my first quarterly. On my ride I went with another volunteer from my stage named Tom. I am soo glad I did because the education system in the north is even simpler than that of the south so VERY few people speak french and Tom can at the very least say hi in Dendi and explain who we were and where we could find translators at the villages we came across. I also talked to some guards from the park W about working for the park taking a consensus of the animal population there. I have to go now, but I'll be online later.

1 comment:

Ashley A. said...

Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving, and good luck planning that cycling tour! Sounds like it should be fun :) The SEC championship game is today.. I will let you know how we fare!