Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Welcome back to the Alibori!

So, I have a couple updates:

1: I found my IDs and bank card...sweet
2: I'm back on facebook, it should be easy to search me (a million bucks says I'm the only Michael Chadsey in Cotonou Benin
3: My first few days at work have been hectic and scary.

It isn't that I didn't get that much training...I'm sure Kelly did tell me everything I need to know. It was just that it was already a month ago when I did the 2 days of shadowing...watching and doing are different things entirely! Already I have been setting up post visits, arranging for gas bottles to be shuttled, getting the plumber and electrician to call me back, picking up packages at the post, buying supplies for the guards, paying the guards...did I mention I do this all in French? I really need to brush up on my phone French...when I can't see a person's lips it makes it harder for me to understand. It will all work out in the end, and I'm glad I was chosen for this job because at least I'm DOING SOMETHING! The new PCVs are now all in their posts. I told them to chill/readjust this week (their first time being without Americans in-country) and we will arrange post visits next week...I'm bringing candy.

1 comment:

Author of this blog: Ariela Anelli said...

Cool Chadsey, I'm glad you are the PCVL for E's region... now you two can cause some ruckus!