Saturday, August 15, 2009

Auto update...

I know I probably wrote earlier how amazing the Sahel changes face. It feels like false advertising when the new stagiers come visit within the next month...it is soo green! This is not the reality. October is the end of rains here, until june/july. Everything gets brown and orange. It is really amazing that anything survives till the next rainy season...all the grasses spread their seed and grow dormant, mango and neem trees stop growing (but the mangos develop during dry season and are not ready to eat until the rains start...its called the mango rains). Right now the corn and cotton are growing quickly and the grasses are growing high on the side of the roads...all this fades away just as quickly as it appeared, about 1-2 months.

1 comment:

R.A. McKibbin said...

Good to hear from you, Bud. I think I'll finally get around to sending you a packet.....way overdue! If there are any instructions I need to follow besides the ones written on the right side of the blog, lay them on me.