Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Back down south

I am in Cotonou again for a little while to help train the incoming class of PCVLs. After that there is a National VAC meeting here....and after that the new stage come into Benin. Everyone is excited to welcome the newcomers...and a few of us are excited to be on our way. I think 2 Alibori PCVs are out the 1st week of Aug. I come back down at the end of the month for medical. I think I really need to start on my resume and start spamming those employers. Maybe next week. I hope to get a round of golf in with Elliot before he heads out. I lost a temp guard the other day to illness (as in he is dead), and another guard is getting married so I think they will want me to attend the festivities (funerals are reasons to party here). Recently Kandi hosted a girls camp...girls were brought in from all over the Alibori. They really enjoyed themselves with all the singing and activities and informational sessions. They liked the soccer training the best...especially the header drills.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Alright, I absolutely don't want to sound like a creeper -- but I'm in the new stage that's coming to Benin! When I found out that I got this assignment, I went to go look at a blog and yours was the first one that I found. It's kind of funny because I'm from Bradenton and I went to FSU -- and I'm doing EA. I've read pretty much your whole blog - and when my family asks to see pictures, it's your album.
It sounds like you'll be in Cotonou when our stage arrives, so I hope I'm able to introduce myself. If I'm not though - I wanted to thank you for giving me a basis to pack from and what it will actually be once I arrive in Benin.
See you in a few days!