Saturday, August 7, 2010

Winding down

It has been almost a month since my last post...sorry about that. Been busy traveling and wishing the 1st groups of PSL 21 safe travels back home. We started sending people back last week. My boy E and I did a lot of neat (and pricey) things for his last week in Cotonou, including massages and golfing. 7 mille for an hour massage was awesome and I will be back. Golfing was interesting @ the Marina Hotel. It was the most grass I have seen for 2 years....greens were packed oil sand....4 holes were on the beach. I've played better. Tomorrow I head back up to post to finish off my last month. Only 1 more up/down trip until I never have to ride that road again! I want to order some furniture for the incoming PCVL so his new house seems more livable. Met some of the new trainees and they all seem excited to get going...they are still soo clean (clothes/hair). After watching the first departures I'm eager to head back and start all over again.

2 comments:

rchadsey said...

<3

#1: Glad you found some fun!
#2: What kind of "massage"??
#3: "they are still soo clean"... soo gross. :)
#4: Any sign of my package?? (Or did someone discover the oreo stash??) If it has not come yet, no worries. It still has time & I have faith that it will arrive before you depart.

We Love you & can't wait to see you!!! <3

Mike Chadsey said...

It was 'full body' massage...it was awesome. Elliot and I left there feeling refreshed and walked a few yeards to pick up one of the best cheeseburgers in country and a liter draft beer. It was a great day (we had golfed earlier in the morning). It was NOT your typical day in 3rd-world Benin. I hear your package is down south. It will prob come up with the next shuttle.