Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Feb is for birthdays...

There are alot of birthdays coming up here people. Starting with Kelli, then yours truly, then Sterling/Jimmay on the same day, then i think it is my father's...lets just say Feb is a very popular month in my experience. But now I'll be celebrating my 25th (that is a quarter of a century) over here in Benin. One of my TEFL friends baked me a couple cakes and I am still tying to get that bottle of liquor owed to me from a RCH volunteer...it's been an uphill battle. I am now in an lull period between work. There is a mural painting plans in a nearby village with another EA PCV. The murals will be of wild animals and we will be talking with (and painting with) school children about the different animals. Later, during the first week of March, I will be assissting a RCH PCV in my own village as she holds a formation on the subject of nutrition at my CEG (Middle/High School). My bike tour was published in the PC Benin Newsletter (email me if you want a copy) so that was good. Too bad for my fellow organizers they only credited me with the story because it was me who emailed the editor...not my fault guys, I swear. I also put up some new photos, so enjoy

1 comment:

mother said...

Michael,
3 days and counting...........
25 years=1/4 century I just can't believe it! And your Father will be 50 years=1/2 Century old on Feb 21st. I love your new pictures! The animal shots are especially beautiful. Send more of you!!!!
Tomorrow is Friday the 13th. Be careful! Spent the day with Rachel and Nick in Miami. Loved it! Sterling has strep throat. I am going to send you a package! I hope it reaches you. Love you, my precious! Love, Mom xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox