Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Finished some Formations...

Last week I helped a nearby volunteer with a malnutrition formation at her CEG (middle/high school). It went OK but not overwhelmingly so...it was the friday before a vacation week and no teachers were there and vaccinations were being given out by UNICEF. After that I helped another volunteer at the National Park W do a mural painting of park animals with elementary kids from his enviromental club. The kids did a great job and I'm going to get a picture up of their work as soon as I track Weihow down. Now I'm in the prcess of bringing the malnution formation to my town and fighting of a mystery jungle rash. It started monday evening with what seemed like a couple bug bites on my right side...by the next morning they were large splotches! All day yesturday the rash spread down my side and up onto my inner bicep and itched despite me putting anti-itch cream and taking benydril and this morning it was even worse. So I called the doctors and was sent to a local hospital for an eval. They decided it is not an infection because I have not fever or pain or fluid with the splotches...a plus. I got a script for Zyrtec and am currently on that. More splotches have appeared on my right shoulder and left chest since the eval...if things keep up at this rate I'll be covered by early friday :) I sent the docs a couple pictures showing the progression of the rash so they know what I am talking about. If i start to develope a fever or anything I'll call the docs again but until then I'll just have to wait it out and see if the meds do their job. Jan and Feb seemed (and continue) to drag on forever! The heat is coming now...the harmattan is over.

5 comments:

rchadsey said...

So what you're telling me is that this is not your average poison ivy...

:( Be careful of yourself out there in the jungle, Michael!! Don't let them tell you it's just an itch!

We love ya, stay safe!

mother said...

Son, the rash sounds pretty awful. I hope it is better soon. I have sent a package off to you. Hopefully you will get it in the upcoming months. I am off to Miami on Wednesday to visit with Rachel. Love you Michael.

mother said...

Just checking in on the rash. HAS IT GONE YET?

R.A. McKibbin said...

Name that tune-
Where..in the world..is.....
Michael, Michael Chadsey?

R.A. McKibbin said...

Mike, I prayed for you today.