Saturday, May 23, 2009

Tasty Treats

Myself and some fellow PCVs were treated to a wonderful dinner last nite. The menu was as follows:

Amuse Bouche
-An array Proscuitto-wrapped tropical fruits topped with a lemon mint creme freche
-Mint Julip

Soupe
-Cauliflower Veloute, garnished with fresh rock crab and parsley ghee

Poisson
-Salt-baked Giant Red Carp dressed in Beurre Blanc served over Mediterranean Salad
- 2007 Jean Balmont Loire Valley Chardonnay

Pause
-Lemon Sorbet

Viande
-Roquefort-topped Filet Mignon in a Bordeaux Demi-glace served over Julianed Dichon and Carrots
-2006 Marquis de Valbois Bordeaux

Salade
-Seared Giant Prawn served over Green Salad dressed in a Champagne Vinaigrette
-Comte Paulin Demi-Sec

Dessert
-Decadent Chocolate Baked Alaska
-Vermouth Digestif

Cheese Board and Cappuccino to follow


The PCVs who put on this wonderful night for us are well regarded in the PC Benin community as being serious foodies...and they did a wonderful job. I still miss hot wings tho. I have a meeting monday with some Beninese Red Cross people to try and flesh out my plans for school formations.

2 comments:

mother said...

Good Morning, Son! The menu you dined from sounds exquisite! My mouth was watering! I bet everything was exceptionally fresh!
Did you get my e-mail? Let me know!
Love you and think of you everyday!

R.A. McKibbin said...

i don't know what half of those words mean, but it sounds tasty: I like food!!!