Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Paint the world...

I did lose my phone but I will get another one when I head down to Parakou early next week. I will have a new number so I will write it down here. I am about to head to a nearby village to help a TEFL volunteer with the painting of a world map on one of the walls of her school. The english teachers use these maps to help teach the kids lessons in geo., and large maps like these make it easier for kids to understand the vastness of the world better than a small one on the papges of their textbook. Many kids have asked me how much it would cost to take a taxi to America! I also want to wish a belated happy birthday to mom, with the service and everything happening last week I'm afraid it slipped thru.

2 comments:

mother said...

Thank you, Sweetheart! for the birthday wishes! Just returned from Broooksville from visiting with Uncle Tom. He looked fantastic! It is so nice that you are given opportunity to exercise your creative talents there. I'm sure it helps to keep you somewhat balanced. You are an incredible artist! Miss you!

Ashley A. said...

Taxi to America?... wait, so does that mean I can take a taxi to Benin? haha, j/k That would be pretty awesome though ;) Hope you have fun painting!