Sunday, March 29, 2009

Paint World Map: Check

Finished the world map painting, or almost. The countries still need to be outlined in black paint and their names need to be painted on...also the black sea was lost to an over anxious student-painter, so that will have to be fixed. I will try to get pictures up soon of our work. Tried to start a co-op for the gardeners in my village last week but it fell through. It is hot season over here...102 degrees at 10 PM, indoors. You basicly sweat all day and night and drink alot of water. Mango season will start in all its fury once the first rains come. I hope they come soon. There is a dammed stream on the north end of my village and when I arrived the resulting pond was pretty big...now it is maybe 30 feet at it's widest and you can walk across. We are all getting ready to welcome in the new stage...they will be getting here in late July.

2 comments:

mother said...

HOW EXCITING TO RECEIVE A NEW BATCH OF YOUNG PEOPLE FILLED WITH GIVING ENERGY! GO EASY ON THEM MICHAEL. I CANNOT IMAGINE HOW IT FEELS TO HAVE 102 DEGREES AT TEN OCLOCK IN THE EVENING. IT MUST FEEL LIKE IT NEVER LETS UP BRING ON THE RAINS! THAT APPLIES TO FLORIDA TOO! LOVE YOU AND THOUGHT OF YOU TODAY. I WAS UP ON THE ROOF CLEANING OUT THE GUTTERS AND GOT INTO A GIGGLE FIT THINKING OF HOW MANY TIMES YOU TOLD ME TO CHOP DOWN THE BIG OLD OAK AND SON, HONESTLY I LOVE MY TREE. AND CLEANING OUT THE GUTTERS HAS ALWAYS BEEN A SPRING RITUAL FOR ME. I ENJOY IT. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH! AUNT MARGARET CAME OVER AND DID THE YARD WORK, MOWING AND TRIMMING THE BUSHES. WHAT A GREAT DAY!

rchadsey said...

I'll never forget me & Grandmommy cleaning those gutters! :) Michael in the background - cut the darn tree down, it's useless!!