Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Current work...

I am trying to organize some CPR and basic first aid training session for teachers at middle/high schools. Over here there are no nurses or anything of that nature at the schools so if there is a medical problem (like someone choking or a cut or something) they have to send a kid to the local health center and wait. I know a lot of health volunteers would enjoy being certified in this stuff and sharing it with the teachers in their communities. Luckily there is a group called Mercy Ship in Cotonou right now. They are a group of american volunteers who sail around the world in a big ship performing free medical procedures. I talked with a few crew members and they seemed very enthusiastic abut being able to help us out.

1 comment:

rchadsey said...

I find it amazing that if a child was choking, no one would know what to do - but I guess basic CPR is an acquired knowledge.
:) Thanks for sending me your knowledge - I was accepted into Miami Law and hopefully will be attending in the Fall. Wish me luck and send me your best.
Mom said you received my package?!?!? Hallelujah!! Using that positive energy, Nick & I sent another package last week. Hopefully you will receive that one as well. I forgot to include tomato seeds, but the next package will be filled with goodies! :)
We love you and miss you, Michael. Stay safe!