Sunday, April 19, 2009

Some animal visitors and other pix...

Here are some pictures of animals recently found in/near my house. I found the little geko and bat escaping my roof and the two large monitor lizards were caught by my neighbors when they were in the bush. The group of bats caught in a fishing net were pictured outside a mosque a little north of my village and the little antelope is a pet of an american missionary familiy in my village....you can also see these little guys in the park. The final picture is one of me on the bike ride back in Jan. The pics of the trapped bats and the little antelope and me are all from Chris Herby's nice camera. It has been VERY hot in my house. I have taken to sleeping on the floor of my shower area. It was over 110 inside my house on Friday. I know this because the oral thermometer that I use maxes out at 110. I turned it on and it started counting up past 109 then it stopped and read 'H'. I guess H means hot, so my house was H degrees. I am also including a shot of a cotton mound that can be found throughout the north during cotton season.


























1 comment:

rchadsey said...

You weren't kidding when you said Large Lizards!! OMG! Are those lizards a threat to humans/children? I assume they are eaten... have you eaten them?
The antelope is Adorable! So a white Christian family keeps an antelope for a pet - does that mesh with the local peoples religious beliefs?
I can't imagine how hot it is for you - it stays pretty hot here in Miami throughout the months, but I don't think we've gone past 100*. Keep hydrated and let us know if there is anything useful you could use that we can include in your next package.
We love you! Stay safe!