Sunday, July 19, 2009

Goings on




Good news and bad news: I ended up not going to Ghana, but a really cool supermarket / Big K-mart type store opened in Cotonou! It has trampolines, power tools, and granny smith apples!! Very exciting. I was busy the last couple days helping another Alibori PCV work up a budget for lining a boulevard with trees. He plans to use a PCPP to fund it. The HCN initially proposing the project was asking for over 3 million CFA (almost $7,000)...we dropped that dramatically. I am heading back to post tomorrow to help transplant the 1000 Moringa trees I seeded a little bit ago. Also I am including a scan of my new business card...yeah that's right , I'm official (some places on the card had to be edited to be placed on this website and still adhere to the security restrictions).

5 comments:

R.A. McKibbin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
R.A. McKibbin said...

Sweet, business cards always make you feel important. Have you needed to give someone your number yet, and instead of reaching for a pen, whipped out one of those little suckers. Ah the power!

R.A. McKibbin said...

oh yes, I nearly forgot to mention the birth of my second child. Aubrey Rose McKibbin was born on 7/11/09 @ 1:42 PM, weighing 7lbs 12oz. Thats two beautiful girls and counting!

rchadsey said...

I'm glad you have the official position, Michael. Hopefully it will allow you to make even more of a difference. It is funny to me, though, to know that you traveled halfway around the world to play with plants/trees just like you did 10 years ago in Bradenton! Not the same, I know, but I hope you are enjoying yourself. We miss you!
P.S. I start school the week of my bday so wish me luck!

Congrats Ryan!!! That's so exciting and I bet she's beautiful!

mother said...

Hello my Son! Happy to see your official calling card. Always be proud to exchange it with someone you trust who possibly can work on a future project with you and together can make a difference.

Ryan and April, Congratulations on the birth of your second child. Excellent birth date 7/11! Beautiful name and I can't wait to meet Aubrey Rose