Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy (belated) fouth of July...

I hope everyone blew up a small part of America for me on the fourth! I celebrated by being a judge at a PC 'Beer n' Beans' competition. I have been involved in a summer english camp for the past week. The kids really enjoyed a probability session I did with them that involved picking poker chips from a bag. There are a number of other PCVs at this camp and the HCN support we have received has been really good so far. I hope everyone is doing well back home. I might be going to Ghana in the upcoming weeks.
P.S. the fourth was our 1 year anniversary in-country

4 comments:

mother said...

Michael, didn't understand the first line of your blog.
Congratulations on your first year as a peace corp volunteer! What a year it's been for you! Miss You!

Ashley A. said...

Happy belated 4th of July and 1-year Beninese anniversary! Good luck teaching and hope you had fun at the Beer and Beans competition!

mother said...

CHECK YOU E-MAIL SON! lOVE, MOTHER
OXOXOXOXOXOX HI ASHLEY HOW HAVE YOU BEEN? HOPE ALL IS WELL!

Ashley A. said...

Hello! How are you doing?? Everything is going pretty well here.. can't believe my last semester of college is about to commence! Hope you are doing well too! :)