Monday, July 27, 2009

Foulani girl photos..


These were the only two photos I could find of some Fulani with coins in their hair. These are both little girls so they have small coins, and not very many. These photos were taken during the planning and implementation of the bike tour north of my village....in my region the women arrange the coins in their hair like two pig tails that thrust from above the ear, slightly different from the forehead positioning like in these photos. I also want to update everyone about my current work. I am looking into getting a grant together to build a poultry house in my town. There is no such facility within many, many kilometers so I think it would be a good thing. Also, the farmer I would be helping with this project has continually shown himself to be a good worker and more than willing to put the things he learns into action...good indicators for someone looking to receive US aid moneys.

2 comments:

mother said...

A poultry house sounds good! Eggs and meat! It sounds like this project will benefit many! Lots of luck, Michael. Love you and miss you Send pictures of you!

rchadsey said...

hehehe, planting trees and chasing chickens?!? Just like the good ol' days in Bern Creek! Sounds like a great plan, hope you receive your aid(e)!