Saturday, September 20, 2008

I heart cbssports.com...

Because CBS just made another pact with the SEC they web cast live certain SEC games on Saturdays. Guess what Im watching right now?!? (in 10 second increments of play and then 8 sec for buffering) So its not great but at least it is some FOOTBALL!! And UF is walloping the Vols, so I've got that going for me. I continue to feel good, so the medications I'm taking seem to be working. For all the cookies and candy I eat from home I lost over 20 lbs living just 2 months in Benin...no joke. And that was the 2 months I lived with my host family with a host mother who fed me well, now I have to cook for myself (that was not going well before I had to leave post). But i really appreciate all the goodie bags...even when you find some tasty treats from home here in stores (ie. a Snickers bar) and you eat it, it does not taste the same, for reasons I addressed in earlier posts. I did sweep my rooms at post a couple times for scorpions before I left, and while I did not find one I did find many VERY large spiders...they look like wolf spiders 3.5 inches wide. We had a few sessions about scorpion stings in our medical training and I hear they are more prevalent up north, so that is good.

Will someone explain to me why Tebow is RUNNING the ball with under 5 min left in a 30-6 rout??? We have running backs!!!

4 comments:

MMM said...

Hey Michael,

this is Nick. I haven't posted before but have been keeping up with your messages. It sounds like you have already had a lot of interesting experiences. I'm glad you don't have M but am concerned. Hopefully good news in the next day or 2.

Your mom and Sterling were over for dinner tonight. Sterling hung out with us today. Last weeek we took him to the range and the little guy can really shoot!

Take care,
Nick

Mike Chadsey said...

Thats good, what gun does he shoot? The Bushmaster? I am feeling much better now and fully expect to be cleared by Monday's blood tests. I watched 'O'Brother, Where Art Thou?' in the med unit the other day and thought of you and Sterling singing the songs.

MMM said...

Nick again. We were shooting a new Ruger 10/22 I got for MMM. I traded the Sig 556 for a S&W Performance Center 945 and she missed it so, the Ruger. It's a blast to shoot and costs about 1/50th of the .223.

I hope you get our package. It seems like at least some have gotten thru to you.

I leave for PA and TX in a few minutes, will be back WED. Take care and I hope you are back to your post soon.

Nick

Mike Chadsey said...

you traded for a S&W 945? I thought you already had a 1911 .45. There are alot of soviet rifles in the hands of police forces here. I was at the bank one day and both guards had Galils so I guess that bank pays well.