Friday, November 14, 2008

Relocation...

I went to my old post this morning to collect my things. As I got there and the crowd gathered I felt it was best to leave my newly acquired furniture there. I can order a new bed and table when I get to my new post and I thought it was better to spend as little time as possible exiting my old village. I move tomorrow morning to go to Parakou. Sunday I leave the Parakou workstation for my post. It is way up north between Kandi and Malanville. I think I'm going to have to get a new sim card (MTN does not work up there) as well so that means a new number. I'll post more as I know it. Which will prolly be at the Parakou workstation. I'm going from the jungle to the desert.

4 comments:

R.A. McKibbin said...

While not a laughing matter, your description is more than a little humorous. What in the world di you do to literally, "get the natives restless?!" LOL. Any ways, glad your safe, and gl in the new post.

rchadsey said...

I'm glad you are relocating, Michael; we were all worried. Doesn't it make sense to, like, use the "buddy system" when traveling into potentially-hostile foreign cultures?? Nick and I send our love - we sent out 3 packages of goodies about a month ago. From what I've heard from mom and grandma, you should have them by Christmas! (We sent 3 separate in the hopes that 1 would find you!!) We love you, stay safe, and post that new number as soon as you can!

Anonymous said...

Hey,glad to here that you are going to your new post!!So how did you get there did you have to ride your bike that long way?!?!?Also do you like it there??Well Grandma and I are whatching the Florida Game and they are winning 34-6 (:

LOVE,KELLI&GRANDMA

mother said...

Hey Michael
How about those Gators!!!!!!!!!!
whooped butt on S. Carolina

right now it is 56 to 6
GO GATORS


:) :) :) :) :) :) :}