Saturday, November 15, 2008

What a difference a day makes...

I left Cotonou by taxi this morning for Parakou. Tomorrow I will leave Parakou for my new post even FURTHER north, just south of Malanville. It was interesting to see the grasses turn brown as you exited the south, even the trees seemed weighted down by the sun. I am very excited to be moving from the south-south to the north-north (there are only 2 volunteers more northern than I will be). Being from FL and living in the south for my first few months in-country, this is my first experience with the northern Benin dry-heat as well as my first time seeing the collines (aka small granite mini-mountains rising from the grasslands). While I am not sure, I think my work with UNDP will be related with the W National Park. I am also not sure on my internet availablity for the next couple weeks, but I have to come back down south for some training meetings in the middle of december.

3 comments:

mother said...

Just thinking of you, Michael. I can't wait to hear of your travels. Love, Mom xoxoxoxo

mother said...

Gators creamed The Citadels. I think the score was 79-10. A real whoopin'! Sterling says that a new Star Trek movie is coming out. There also was an animated Star Wars movie titled The Clone Wars. Love from us all!!!!!!1

Ashley A. said...

Good luck!